Wednesday, September 29, 2004

On the GC Tuning Road

I'm code complete for the three Java CORBA servers I've re-architected over the last three months. I now just need to re-run the last performance tests, and fine tune the JVM options. Since I'm forced to run on the Solaris JVM 1.3.1_09 I initially started using this AWK script (later migrating to Perl) to take the -verbose:gc output and graph the results in Excel. JVM options currently being used:

-server -XX:+PrintTenuringDistribution -verbose:gc -Xss256k -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -Xss256k -ms512m -mx512m -XX:NewSize=192m -XX:MaxNewSize=192m -XX:SurvivorRatio=4 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:PermSize=16m -XX:MaxPermSize=16m

Joseph Mocker's recent blog on "A Collection of JVM Options" is a worthwhile read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home