Friday, July 08, 2005

Another day, another client

Having just finished working on a large Foreign Exchange (FX) project at a US client of Finetix, I'm now at a European bank (for Finetix) working on Grid Computing. The grid project is particular interesting for two of reasons:

  • DataSynapse is the application we are working on
  • Agile principles
About six years ago I wrote a grid computing framework and application. Unfortunately, neither saw the light of day. However the project did give me a good grounding in grid applications, so the new project I'm working on is very much a flash back to past experiences.

With regards to Agile, I'm a support of the Manifesto. This particular project has a number of ThoughtWork consultants attached to it, giving the project a real Agile flavour, not the more typical investment banking half baked Agile approach. Today out development environment is IntelliJ, Cruise Control with Emma, CheckStyle etc

1 Comments:

At 3:29 pm, Blogger Piotr Gabryanczyk said...

I love it "typical investment banking half baked Agile approach" :)

You hit the nail in the head!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home